The SKINNY on FATS: 10 reasons and facts not to deprive yourself of this valuable nutrient.
1. Fats provide VALUABLE, concentrated energy.
2. Fats slow the absorption of nutrients into your system, so you can go longer periods of time without getting hungry.
5. Unsaturated fats (which come from plants) can help raise your good cholesterol (HDL). Examples are avocado and coconut oil and almonds.
6. Omega-3 fatty acids are a type of poly-unsaturated fat that can both raise your good cholesterol and also lower your bad cholesterol (LDL). Examples are fatty fish such as salmon and flaxseeds.
7. Omega-3′s help reduce inflammation (which goes up from too much sugar).
8. Omega 3′s help reduce the risk of heart disease.
9. If eaten together, all fats decrease the glycemic effect of ingested carbohydrates.
10. All fats help aid satiety which can prevent cravings. Especially around holiday time!